Health Check: The Wellness Focused Office
Wellness has become more of a focus with the introduction of Covid-19 into our lives. But when you are looking into updating your office space from the employee safety perspective it is just as important to do an overall health check of the space to craft a truly wellness focused office. In other words, a well-designed office space will consider all the elements of human sustainability. This sort of investment in your space will payoff with improved productivity and greater employee retention rates.
“93% of workers in the tech industry said they would stay longer at a company who would offer healthier workspace benefits, with options ranging from wellness rooms, company fitness benefits, sit-stands, healthy lunch options and ergonomic seating.” Forbes
THE PUREALCHEMY LENS
How we approach our projects is the most significant difference between our process and what other design firms follow. We design with the human experience in mind optimizing and refining our plans for Productivity, Wellness, and Well-Being for all space inhabitants.
ASPECTS OF OFFICE SPACE DESIGN
These elements impact productivity and wellness of the inhabitants and visitors of the project space.
- Workspace Lighting: Studies indicate that a well-lit workplace is essential for optimizing performance.
- Office Layout & Design to Increase Productivity: Employees require workplace solutions that facilitate the flow of information and ideas.
- Office Design That Incorporates Exposure to Daylight & Nature: Use of daylight in an office helps people regulate circadian rhythms which is a natural way to reduce stress in the workday.
- Including Activity & Ergonomics in the Workplace: Workplaces that are designed for and around people are more likely to be comfortable, flexible, and support productivity over time.
- Visual Interest: Adding Color to the Office: Humans are complex and a bland homogenous environment hinders creativity, productivity, and health.
- Acoustics: Perfecting the Balance of Sound in the Workplace. Excess noise has been repeatedly tied to reduced cognitive performance.
For insights on ways to update your office for wellness, take a look at the PureAlchemy Design Insights “Heading Back to the Office?…Rethinking the Work Environment.”
And, if your looking for more office inspiration make sure to look through our posts on our Design Insights web page!
PUREALCHEMY DESIGN Pinterest Boards: Designing Offices for Employee Well-Being
PUREALCHEMY DESIGN is an award-winning expert in the realm of Commercial Space Design.
To begin the process of creating your branded environment:
Call 612.386.5154 or Contact us here!