THE IMPORTANCE OF OFFICE SPACE VERSATILITY
Every company, as with every human being, is unique. With that, to create an environment that is supportive of a highly effective workforce, those very points of uniqueness need to be accommodated for. In general this means that for the ideal office space, we need to consider the importance of office space versatility. “The work environment should offer a variety of spaces that accommodate privacy and focus alongside more open spaces that prioritize connection, collaboration and innovation,” Employers Prioritize Flexibility for Higher Office Attendance.
Adding versatility in your office space design also carries with it the opportunity to create an interesting and engaging place. Dynamic environments are not only memorable to visiting clients but will enhance the creativity and productivity of employees.
Here are a few ideas to add versatility to your office space:
- Add a high-top table to the breakroom or open office space to create a natural casual meeting space.
- Convert a large storage space into a “booth” for private phone calls.
- Make your reception space functional by adding a small café table with chairs. This will feel welcoming and can make short client meetings extra efficient.
- Convert the awkwardly small office space into an employee meditation room.
- Create a comfy lounge space in a sun-lit area for relaxed solo work time or conversation.
Anything that moves and draws people away from the same and stationary desk setting is a great opportunity for versatility in the work environment.
For more on the Improving Employee Experiences, take a look at the PureAlchemy Design Insights on the subject!
PUREALCHEMY DESIGN Pinterest Board: The Experience Driven Workplace.
PUREALCHEMY DESIGN is an award-winning expert in the realm of Commercial Space Design.
To begin the process of creating your branded environment:
Call 612.386.5154 or Contact us here!