Safely Reentering the Work Environment
As things begin to “open-up” again we are all considering our next steps in safely reentering the work environment. With so much information available on the topic it can be daunting and overwhelming…so beyond the 6 feet apart and hand washing guidelines but just how does this translate to the office space? To help make things a bit more approachable we have put together a guide to rethinking the work environment with a list of factors to consider and an infographic to help illustrate just what you should consider in developing your opening plan.
SOCIAL DISTANCING IN THE OFFICE IN:
- Hallways and Corridors – One-way traffic to avoid passing others at close distance
- Points-of-Entry – Visitor temperature measure at entry, 6’ markers for distancing when a wait to enter. Office masks to visitors.
- Personal Workspace – Protected 6’ radius of personal workspaces. Avoid entering other people’s offices but chat from doorway. Consider adding sneeze guards.
- Breakrooms and Coffee Bar – One-way traffic, no shared foods or buffets, and disposable cups/dishes. Touch-less watercooler.
- Restrooms – No Touch fixtures (sink, soap, toilet, and towel dispenser) and doors.
- Conference Rooms – Modified for emphasis for video conference and limited in space participants.
FOCUS ON AIR QUALITY:
- Increased Focus on Air Filtration/Sterilization (UV-C Integration).
- Upgrading Fresh Air Circulation with HVAC and Open-Air methodologies.
MATERIALS AND SURFACE SELECTIONS, AND MAINTENANCE:
- Consider Resurfacing High-Touch Surfaces to Antimicrobial and Antiviral Materials.
- Upgrading to No-Touch Doors or Foot-Handle Installation.
- Improved and More Frequent Cleaning Regimen.
CDC’s Workplaces Considerations for Reopening During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The purpose of this tool is to assist employers in making (re)opening decisions during the COVID-19 pandemic, especially to protect vulnerable workers. It is important to check with state and local health officials and other partners to determine the most appropriate actions while adjusting to meet the unique needs and circumstances of the local community.
PUREALCHEMY DESIGN is an award-winning expert in the realm of Commercial Space Design.
To begin the process of creating your branded environment:
Call 612.386.5154 or Contact us here!