Leading companies today are integrating ergonomics deeply into all of their operations. And it’s no wonder when you take a look at the benefits of an effective ergonomics process. The Washington State Department of Labor and Industries reviewed 250 ergonomics case studies to reveal the impact of ergonomics on business goals like cost savings, productivity and product quality.
What did they find? That ergonomics is well worth the investment. Here is an overview of five of the proven benefits of a strong workplace ergonomics process:
- Ergonomics reduces costs. By systematically reducing ergonomic risk factors, you can prevent costly office place injuries. With approximately $1 out of every $3 in workers compensation costs attributed to MSDs, this represents an opportunity for significant cost savings. Also, knowing that indirect costs can be up to twenty times the direct cost of an injury.
- Ergonomics improves productivity. The best ergonomic solutions will often improve productivity. By designing a job to allow for good posture, less exertion, fewer motions and better heights and reaches, the workstation becomes more efficient.
- Ergonomics improves quality. Poor ergonomics leads to frustrated and fatigued workers that don’t do their best work. When the job task is too physically taxing on the worker, they may not perform their job like they were trained.
- Ergonomics improves employee engagement. Employees notice when the company is putting forth their best efforts to ensure their health and safety. If an employee does not experience fatigue and discomfort during their workday, it can reduce turnover, decrease absenteeism, improve morale and increase employee involvement.
- Ergonomics creates a better safety culture. Ergonomics shows your company’s commitment to safety and health as a core value. Healthy employees are your most valuable asset; creating and fostering the safety & health culture at your company will lead to better human performance for your organization.
So is an ergonomics process worth the cost? Yes, absolutely! Not only is ergonomics good for your business, it’s great for your people. Shared from “5 Proven Benefits of Ergonomics in the Workplace”.
More on Ergonomics…Here is a great short video from Herman Miller that describes how your body recognizes good ergonomics: Herman Miller Ergomics Video
PUREALCHEMY DESIGN Pinterest Board: OFFICE ERGONOMICS.
PUREALCHEMY DESIGN is an award-winning expert in the realm of commercial space design.
To begin the process of creating your branded environment:
Call 612.386.5154 or Contact us here!