“While light-emitting diodes (LEDs) have become more prevalent in commercial buildings over the past decade, office spaces in particular have adopted the technology at a faster rate. However, there are still thousands of offices across the country that haven’t switched to LEDs. By learning more about the benefits of LED lighting, office owners and managers will be better equipped to make informed decisions about how to properly, affordably and sustainably transform their spaces with LED lighting.” David J. Alexander
THE LED REVOLUTION AND ITS IMPACT ON OFFICES
LEDs can be incorporated into office spaces in many ways, including high-bay and low-bay light fixtures, troffers (rectangular, ceiling-mounted light fixtures) and downlighting. Most LED options have seen significant price decreases in recent years, and have available lighting rebates, giving office owners and managers vast opportunities to reduce utility costs and create a more environmentally sustainable business model.
LEDS SAVE OFFICES MONEY IN SIX PRIMARY WAYS:
- Better efficiency means lower fixture watts
- Lower fixture watts means less energy used resulting in lower utility bills
- Longer lifespan and more durable lamps mean lower maintenance costs
- Less heat emission from the bulbs leads to lower cooling bills
- More comfortable work environment makes for better employee productivity
- Federal, state and utility company business lighting rebates, including those from PG&E, reduce the burden of up-front costs
It isn’t necessary to work with a lighting contractor, but their experience and knowledge will likely make the process much smoother. They can also provide specific information on lighting rebates and incentives to help reduce utility costs. Shared from “Transforming an Office with LED Light Fixtures and Retrofits”
PUREALCHEMY DESIGN Pinterest Board: LIGHTING YOUR WAY TO ENERGY SAVINGS.
PUREALCHEMY DESIGN is an award-winning expert in the realm of commercial space design.
To begin the process of creating your branded environment:
Call 612.386.5154 or Contact us here!