“People seek out environments (including work situations) that satisfy their basic human needs. That’s a principle behind research conducted by the Interdisciplinary Center for Healthy Workplaces at the University of California, Berkeley. So, if your organization is committed to attracting and retaining talent, increasing collaboration and growing productivity, it pays to address employees’ psychological needs (as well as physical ones) in the workplace. That’s why companies are implementing modern office design and workplace strategy to improve overall workforce well-being and employee experience.” Ian Morley
It’s important to understand exactly what companies and their employees stand to gain when workplaces are designed to meet the basic human needs of employees.
WHAT EMPLOYEES GAIN:
- Better health due to modern office design that encourages movement and even promotes better sleep.
- Lower stress with addition of green spaces, outdoor views, and more flexibility to use space to help accomplish tasks.
- Increased job satisfaction when they can choose how, when and where and with whom they work.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR CORPORATIONS:
- Winning the war for talent. According to CBRE, 71% of workers are willing to give up other benefits to get a well-designed workplace.
- Increasing collaboration and innovation. Modern office design encourages interaction among and between teams… Cool, modern office design can attract mobile workers back into the office and get them working together.
- Increasing productivity. When workers are physically and mentally healthy, absenteeism is reduced.
- Cutting property costs. Modern workplaces using an agile working strategy can accommodate more people with much less space, which can allow companies to reduce portfolio size and reduce CRE expenditure.
PUREALCHEMY DESIGN Pinterest Board: WORKFORCE WELL BEING.
PUREALCHEMY DESIGN is an award-winning expert in the realm of commercial space design.
To begin the process of creating your branded environment:
Call 612.386.5154 or Contact us here!